Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

HTML Introduction

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 clookid

clookid

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

HTML Introduction

Welcome to the HTML Introduction by Clookid! I reccomend you read this tutorial before going any further in web scripting, HTML is a must before almost every other scripting language.

After reading this tutorial you will know:
  • how to start an HTML document.
  • what HTML stands for.
  • what HTML actually is.
  • the head tag.
  • how to add a title to your document.
  • where the title is displayed.
  • the body tag.
  • how to add text onto a page.
  • how to close tags and how to end an HTML document.
  • how to view source code on other websites (the code used to make the webpage).
Before starting this tutorial you should know:
  • English....
HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and is used for very basic web scripting.
I am first of all going to bring an example into production and tell you what it does. After that I will teach you about each line of the example meaning you will be able to create your own HTML page that will be equivalent to a .txt document except your HTML document will have a title.

Here is the example:

Example 1-1:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
  <html>
    <head>
      <title>HTML Example</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    Hello, I am an HTML example!
  </body>
</html>

The above example will output the following:
Hello, I am an HTML example!

HTML is a very useful scripting language and is so simple to learn!
If you are struggling with this tutorial come back to it later and if you are still struggling when you come back got to the Forums and ask in the Support section about whatever you are struggling with.

Line 1:
This you do not really need to remember, just copy and paste it into your HTML document. Infact you do not even need to include this but I recommend you do. This tells people the version of HTML that you are using when they view your source code.

Line 2:
This line of code begins your HTML document, remember this.

Line 3:
This is the head tag. This is just filtering your HTML making it easier to read, always use this!

Line 4:
This is the title tag, I will explain a little more about this later on in the tutorial.

Line 5:
This is closing the head tag, remember this line!

Line 6:
This is the body tag. Once again it is just filtering your HTML making it easier to read. This is where all of your main content will be stored, do not forget this!

Line 7:
This is just the text that you are wanting to output into the browser, you can place other things in here; I will teach you more things later.

Line 8:
This is just another closing tag, do not forget this!

Line 9:
This is closing the HTML document altogether, you must always use this!!

You know how I said I will tell you more about the title tag later, now is the time. Take a look at the top of your browser where it says 'HTML Introduction - CodeCall Programming Forum', this is a title.
If you ever wonder how someone does something on an HTML page; click on 'Veiw << Source Code' in your web browser, this shows you the source code of the page that you are veiwing.

Don't give up, keep reading more tutorials on HTML. Remember what you have learnt, it is very useful!

You must have authors permission to use this tutorial!

#2 AfTriX

AfTriX

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

Nice examples, I found a link good link too, which introduces HTML clearly.

Introduction to HTML - Table of Contents

#3 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:09 PM

Nice, but you could have done more than that, I know you can ,lol.

#4 clookid

clookid

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

I could've but I wanted to keep it simple in the first tutorial. C'mon it's more advanced than some others just saying that HTML stands for "Hyper text markup language"! :P

#5 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, But I think people saying

saying that HTML stands for "Hyper text markup language"! :P

Only learn Computer by IT. I hate that subject as it only teaches us the theory and most of them are useless, (some are good) Once I only knew HTML was Hyper.. .... .... .... Untill I started to read some e-Books, That's the solution for Computer studies.

#6 clookid

clookid

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

I have learnt all that I know from Tizag Tutorials

#7 James360Smith

James360Smith

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Programming Language:Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Ada, Transact-SQL, Logo, ActionScript
  • Learning:Objective-C, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, Ruby, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

At the beginning of my web development and designing practice, I used w3schools: which is an online web tutorial for HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, AJAX, XML, ASP.NET, SQL etc.

Visit here for HTML tutorial: http://www.w3schools...tml/default.asp

#8 sharajbai

sharajbai

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

i found wc schools a bit bland, very weak examplesand definitions, some xml tutorials here; http://www.liquid-te...es.com/xml.aspx

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download