Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

GMail Vulnerable To Contact List Hijacking

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#13 AfTriX

AfTriX

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:07 AM

Oh thanks, and my fortunate situation, that I always got to logout instead before exiting.

#14 dennis

dennis

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

Oh no man!!!

I thought Gmail mite be the best. But this seems to disappoint me. Afterall, each system has some or the other loop hole. but this hole is too big for the users

#15 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

And if it so, I think Google will fix this ASAP. As Google is faster lol.
Once I found some language errors in the google Tamil webpage and I reported it.
And it was ready when I cam back after a few mints. lol. As fast as their search. And it all begun in a garage and became a BIG with some help from friends. I have read a lot about those two guys started Google.

#16 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:37 AM

Oh no man!!!

I thought Gmail mite be the best. But this seems to disappoint me. Afterall, each system has some or the other loop hole. but this hole is too big for the users

Well all you have to do is log out.. simple! No need to hate it ;)

#17 Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:44 AM

I would think that not only would you log out but hit the delete cookies button? Cookies track your computer don't they..I would think if simply logging out of gmail doesn't work that taking the extra precautionay method of cookie erasing may prevent this?

#18 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:16 AM

But as it says, Gmail uses a JS and I dunno how to delete them. Maybe JS are better than Cookies.

#19 AfTriX

AfTriX

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:22 AM

Oh no man!!!

You just can't blame on GMail on this case, since its having such problem only with the Mozilla FireFox. I think this simply can be prevented if you are changing the security settings, not to remember the passwords.

#20 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:39 AM

I would think that not only would you log out but hit the delete cookies button? Cookies track your computer don't they..I would think if simply logging out of gmail doesn't work that taking the extra precautionay method of cookie erasing may prevent this?

Wouldn't make any difference.

You just can't blame on GMail on this case, since its having such problem only with the Mozilla FireFox. I think this simply can be prevented if you are changing the security settings, not to remember the passwords.

That is another security hole, nothing to do with this!

#21 Guest_mysticalone_*

Guest_mysticalone_*

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hmm.. I am glad then, that I deleted my gmail account. I never realized all this.

#22 Guest_mysticalone_*

Guest_mysticalone_*

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:35 AM

This hijacking report does nothing to promote gmail:D

#23 AfTriX

AfTriX

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hmm.. I am glad then, that I deleted my gmail account. I never realized all this.

Hey then you are missing a lot outta the net buddy, use IE7 or something, deleting GMail!!! Doesn't seem to be a good way..

#24 Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

I don't know..I don't really want to say which browser is best..I am talking about the gmail hi-jacking script that attaches itself to you somehow when you use it?

I think all sites send out their own hi-jackers..though?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download