Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Interview - Jordan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 xXHalfSliceXx

xXHalfSliceXx

CC Leader

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1561 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:45 AM

Here you are sir:

Tell me about yourself. Ex. Where your from, age, **, past life experiences, past programming experiences, etc.

My real name is Jordan DeLozier. I currently live in Hendersonville, NC which is also where I grew up. I enjoy a wide variety of hobbies such as hiking, shooting guns, shooting bows, programming, reading, gaming, and chess.

What do you expect to be doing five years from now? Ten years from now?

What I would like to be doing five years from now is sitting on a beach somewhere but in reality I will probably be living in a larger city working a 9-5 type job modifying/creating programs or making EDI maps.

What made you choose programming?

I have an innate urge to "create" things. I'm not sure where it comes from but as a kid I use to manifest this urge by doing wood projects or taking apart/putting back together toys and engines. I now create programs!

What is your favorite language? If you don't have a single favorite, what do you prefer to use over the other?

English… Just kidding, C++.

What would be your Ideal job?

Actually, I’d like to be my own boss one day. I’ve always wanted to run a successful large scale software business. I’m very happy with my current job, except for the traveling.

What are the most important rewards you expect in your career or future career?

A family that can depend on my income and live with little or no stress (about money).

What are your strengths, weaknesses, and interests?

Strengths: Good at solving problems. Good understanding of people.
Weakness: Far to trusting in people and assume they will always do good.
Interests: Just about anything. I love learning anything new

What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?

Knowing that other people will benefit from what I create. Take a look at the Free Joomla Component and Weekly Stats for vBulletin. I’ve invested a lot of time in those two projects and just seeing all of the responses, visits and sign-ups is enough gratitude for me!

Being the creator, what enticed you to build CodeCall?

I was constantly searching for how to do something and looking for code already built (so I could save time). The original purpose of CodeCall was to house all of that information for me. I had a notebook full of print-outs, hand written sheets of paper and other programming stuff. With the forum I can keep it in one central location and it can benefit others. I use it every day to look up information.

How much time and effort have you really put into this place? Why do I ask? Because I know!

Oh wow… I spend at least 3-4 hours a day and often more. Sometimes I spend the whole day updating, rebuilding the style or creating graphics for it. I read every post everyone makes. It is so bad that my Fiancé accuses me of doing nothing but sitting on the computer!

What keeps you here?

I own it.

What is your future outlook on this community and what you might be willing to do for it?

Anything to keep it growing, on focus and alive! I’ve put enough time into that I feel about it differently. Someone was asking to purchase it the other day and the only thing I could think of saying was “no” (as in, I didn’t even think about the money being offered).

Interviewed by
xXHalfSliceXx

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

I just found this subforum, its kind of funny we were thinking the same thing regarding the favorite language question :)

#3 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

What will you do if you get 1,000,000.00$ for free one day at your house as a gift ?

This is my question.lol

#4 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:59 AM

I would invest most of it in realestate and try to turn as much of it into more profit as I could. A chunk ($50,000) of it would go to promoting my websites and businesses. I would give my brother and brother-in-law enough to pay off their debts (mortgages). I'd also take my wife on a vacation, probably a cruise. The remainder would go into a savings account and donated to various animal groups.

#5 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

Who's Fiancé?
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#6 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:31 AM

Wife now. We got married last year on June 2nd.

#7 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:46 AM

Congrats!
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#8 phpforfun

phpforfun

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

Here you are sir:
How much time and effort have you really put into this place? Why do I ask? Because I know!

Oh wow… I spend at least 3-4 hours a day and often more. Sometimes I spend the whole day updating, rebuilding the style or creating graphics for it. I read every post everyone makes. It is so bad that my Fiancé accuses me of doing nothing but sitting on the computer!

Thats what my girlfriend tells me...

#9 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 7563 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

Actually... thats what my mum tells me. LoL.

#10 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 8356 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

In some people's case, they're one and the same. :D

#11 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:53 AM

I think this happened a lot back in medieval times. You know, nobility marrying their family to "keep the blood pure".

#12 toxifyshadow

toxifyshadow

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

In some people's case, they're one and the same. :D

Lol

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download