Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Most Used Browser

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#49 TVDinner

TVDinner

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

I highly recommend using BOTH browsers to check out any site your are creating. There is no way around the fact that the browsers render sites differently and you need to make sure that your site works well in both. Make sure that you are using IE7 and the newest version of Firfox!
The Biggest Boards: Where does your forum rank? ALL size forums welcome! Always FREE to submit and no back links ever required.

#50 Centreri

Centreri

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:14 PM

Opera is 1.5%? Blasphemy! Opera is about as good as Firefox, though I use Firefox for the plethora of awesome plugins like Web Developer.

#51 TVDinner

TVDinner

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

I am now using the upgraded Firefox 100% of the time. I have found that it is the best and if you install some of the plug in it just gets better.
The Biggest Boards: Where does your forum rank? ALL size forums welcome! Always FREE to submit and no back links ever required.

#52 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:53 AM

I am using firefox as I have already said with these plugins.

Colorzilla
Copy plain text
CSSViewer
Ctrl Tab Preview
Download statusbar
DT WHOIS
Gmail space
IE Tab
iMacros for firefox
Metaproducts integration

#53 dojo

dojo

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

I think that in some of my "non webmaster" sites the most used is still IE. With a HUGE percentage still. On my webmaster related sites the IE domination is less visible and there were instances when FF kinda gave it a run for its money. The issue is still valid: people do use IE a lot still, and that means we need to test all our designs to be able to display them correctly to them.

#54 Nabeel

Nabeel

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:44 AM

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

#55 Chan

Chan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

What type of "specific information" are you looking for?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download