ionFiles - Joomla Simple File Download
Version: 4.4.5 and 4.5 Beta 3
- Updated: 08/05/2009
Click Here -
Version 4.4.5 PB2 to 4.4.5 PB3
- Fixed save Ordering for Files and Categories
- Fixed reorder up/down for Files
- Removed PHP Notice Errors
- Fixed MySQL 4 VARCHAR installation error
- Fixed Template choosing error
ionFiles 4.5 Public Beta 3 Download
Version 4.4.5 PB1 to 4.4.5 PB2
ionFiles public beta 2 has now been released and is attached for download. Version two allows the ability to theme ionFiles. For more information, see the offical blog here.
Version 4.4.4 to 4.4.5
We are still working on 4.5.0. It will contain all of these minor bug fixes along with many new features (such as the much requested File Upload). Hopefully it will release at the beginning of next month.
- Fixed bug that prevented local files from being download. Code actually stripped slashes from the file URL so local files were not found. This prevent uses that have fopen() with remote file access disabled from using ionFiles.
Version 4.4.3 to 4.4.4
Version 4.5 is just around the corner wish some requested features such as file uploading, IP Logging and statistics tracking.
- Fixed corrupted download problem.
Version 4.4.2 to 4.4.3
It is HIGHLY recommend to upgrade to this version
There will be another release shortly. This one was rushed to seal some security flaws.
- Fixed Security exploit.
- Merged download.php and ionfiles.php
- Added priorities to update notifications.
Version 4.4.1 to 4.4.2
- Fixed bug that kept ionFiles from working with SMF Bridge
- Updated German language files (by TheEdge)
Version 4.4.1 to 4.4.2
- Fixed bug that prevented search/archive from showing when only top position is selected.
- Fixed bug in "check version" which still showed an old version.
Version 4.3.1 to 4.4
- `ionFiles is now 100% XHTML valid
- Fixed installation XML/Comment bug
- Added selection criteria for placement of search bar (Top, Bottom or Both)
- Removed the 16px icon restriction. Fonts can now be any size.
- Added option to disable the search bar when viewing a single category only.
Note: I'm still working on the todo list. I thought I would go ahead and release this version and add more features in 4.5. As always, if you have any suggestions please let me know!
Version 4.3 to 4.3.1
- Fixed installation bug
Version 4.2 to 4.3
- Publish/Unpublish button fixed.
- Fixed JS errors in admin panel.
- Removed menu images from Joomla! 1.5
- Added "Archived" Column (May see error if PHP errors are turned on in Joomla!)
- Added _IONFILES_ADMIN_ARCHIVED to all language files
- Added archive functionality
- Added admin option to allow users to view archive
- Added Search Functionality with admin on/off switch
- Ability to link directly to a category. This allows you to create multiple links on your forum menu or in your Joomla Blog. By using this feature only one category is displayed for the user. With all other options disabled it is the same effect as having multiple lists. Example:CodeCall Programming
How do you link to one specific category?
Add these commands to your ionFiles URL: &func=showcategory&categoryid=x
Replace x with the id of the category you want to link to. You can find the category IDs in the ionFiles Category Manager.
Version 4.1 to 4.2
- Fixed two bugs which caused some sites to send corrupt or empty files.
- Fixed white screen error (PHP error expecting ( received =)
- Now works in Legacy Mode, Joomla 1.5 and 1.xx
- Fixed download error
- Ported ionFiles to Joomla! version 1.5
- Added Italian translations
- Add function to enable local file URL (/file.txt instead of Register a Domain, Find Hosting and Create a Website | Domain.com) by bizguy
Version 3.3 - 3.4
- Fixed small but significant error which created the "No File Selected" error.
- Fixed Authorization Denied error (by Scatcat)
- Added Chinese language files (by Baijianpeng)
- Added custom ionFiles menu item
- Fixed Language not loading in Backend
- Fixed Warning Errors in Main Home
- Fixed uppercase "F" in download.php preventing some users from forwarding correctly
- Fixed Forwarding Bug with SEO enabled
- Fixed fopen bug with Version Checker
- Fixed language/version number in Version Checker
- Fixed File Icon Error (reverted back to 2.1 code)
- Fixed undefined variables error
- Added Hungarian formal and informal language file
- Fixed download "syntax error" bug
Changes by TkTech
- Fixed time limit/safe mode error
- Added Version Checker
- Changes to the database that allow it to be expanded and upgrade ( so upgrade workaround )
- Totals funtion + menu option to show total downloads + file size
- Fixed HTML editor error in header/foot
- Fixed ordering problem in files and categories
- Fixed CURL issue
- Add Mirror files
- Corrected category maximum character length. Category names can now be 250 characters.
- Added creation date in Unix Time stamp for those who wish to change the ordering of files.
- Corrected missing yes/no box in configuration for release date.
- Added code to show the release date in ionFiles display.
- Removed escape quotes from Category Name, File Name/Description, Header Text and Header Description.
DEFINE("_IONFILE_DATE","Date");which appears as "Date" for all languages.
Version 2.0 - 2.1
- Fixed minor bug in Mime Detection
- Now PHP 4 Compliant (again)
- PDFs now download correctly
- GIFs and Images now download correctly
- Mime types supported: gif, jpg, png, jpeg, PDF, zip, doc, xls, ppt, exe, mp3, wav, mpeg, mpg, mpe, mov, avi.
- If not in above list uses generic mime type ("forced download").
- Several minor bugs with Windows Installation, now Window Compliant.
- Fixed "No File Selected" bug
- Removed errors from administration panel (categories)
- Configuration now has default value
- Click on "ionFiles" now goes to the configuration instead of a blank screen
- Category link now 250 characters
- Download Stats now shown in administration
- Fixed apply button in category manager
- XHTML compliant
- German Language
- Icon Switching Works
- Renamed itemid to FileID
- Minor Bug Fixes
- Changed many entries to lowercase for better compatibility
- Most language constants are changed to variables
- Joom!Fish Compliant
- dutch language files
- Cancel button now works in Edit or New file creation.
- Access restrictions for categories and files now work correctly.
- More than 30 files can be displayed correctly in the administration of Files and Categories.
- Corrected bug with setting maximum listing more than 30 for File Management and Category Management.
- Categories can now be set to linkable and contains a link URL.
- Fixed minor bug when editing files - chosen category is now selected as default.
- Added Download yes or no radio button in edit/new file. This allows users to set whether the file listed is a download or a link. If set to a download even files that normally open with an application (such as text files or mp3s) will bring up download prompt.
- Fix bug where description showed even when there was no description.
- Fixed sub-directory Joomla! download problem
- Fixed "Cancel" button in Edit Files
- Fixed I.E. download problem
- Enabled HTML in header text, header description and file description fields
- Fixed row number problem
- Changed version number to correct number in installer
I wanted a simple non-categorized download for Joomla that would track my download stats. I couldn't find a decent one and Joomla being based around "categories" I started to create my own.
ionFiles is a simple download management tool for Joomla. ionFiles tracks downloads and lists files all in one place. There are no categories to browse through! Perfect for anyone in need of a download manager but doesn't want the category listings.
http://forum.codecal...les-module.html - Display the most popular files as a module.
ionFiles Latest Files - Display the latest files added as a module anywhere on your site.
JoomFish Content Element Files
JoomFish Translation Files
First Joomla add-on created so there are probably many bugs to be found.
Fedora Core 2 on www.thedatamine.net - Home
CentOS ionicware.com - Home
Requirements (if any are known)
Joomla, PHP, MySQL
Attached here as an attachment and in the share system
GNU although a link back to Programming Forum would be nice for anyone using.
Any that support PHP/MySQL
Simple download script for Joomla CMS
Support will only be given here. If you find any bugs please post them here.
ionFiles - Previous Versions
Beta Testers for 4.5 Needed! - Joomla! 1.5 only
Click Here - Public Beta Attached
[B]ionFiles 4.5 Public Beta 3 Download
Edited by Jordan, 05 August 2009 - 07:21 AM.