Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo

Pseudocode Tutorial: The Basics

pseudocode

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#25 manbur

manbur

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hi,

Send it to me I'll have a look, had to do something similar for my degree

#26 akelly80

akelly80

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

Hi, I also had to do a similar exercise, could I send my code to you to check? I have found it quite tough.

#27 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Feel free to post what you have akelly80.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#28 bubbles

bubbles

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

hi there mate i am a complete newbi and dont know a thing about vb.net and im expected to make an educational game, i was woundering if you could help me?
thanks
bubbles

#29 Garrettx

Garrettx

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

kool.. stil need the e-book on simple program and design

#30 Garrettx

Garrettx

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Am trying my best to understand this also, does any one know if their a ebook available for purchase.

#31 Garrettx

Garrettx

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

The first record of a set of records contains a bank account number and an opening balance. Each of the remaining records in the set contains the amount of a cheque drawn on that bank account. The trailer record contains a zero amount. Design a program that will read and print the bank account number and opening balance on a statement of account report. The following cheque amounts are to be read and printed on the report, each with a new running balance. Print a closing balance at the end of the report.

can any help with this ? in the simplest of way possible thanks..

#32 potterdancing

potterdancing

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Hi, I have been taking a JavaScript class for a little while, but I don't feel like I am understanding pseudocode. Our assignment is to create the pseudocode for a simple payroll program. Here is what I have so far...
Display Payroll Calculator
Prompt for hoursWorked 0-84
Prompt for hourlyPayRate 0-1000
Prompt for stateTaxRate .1-.25
Prompt for federalTaxRate .1-.5
Prompt for FICARate .1-.25
Calculate grossPay= hoursWorked*hourlyPayRate
Calculate netPay= grossPay-stateTaxRate-federalTaxRate-FICArate
Functions
Display largest grossPay
Display smallest grossPay
Display average grossPay
Display sum of all grossPay

I don't know what to do!

#33 titti

titti

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

i know a yeas has gone , but how was the result of your project ? i happen to have the same project and i was wondering if you could help me ... thank you

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Hi everyone!!
I just started on Problem Solving for Programmers and my lecturer ask us to do a project on a self checkout machine.
I have wrote my solution in pseudo code but was wondering if anyone could have a look so I can get some feedback before submitting my project.

Thanks

can you help me

#34 TiffanyJaneOram

TiffanyJaneOram

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

hello!  please can you help me with pseudo code homework!

I got to write a pseudo code to ask someone for their name and output.

#35 Sundance

Sundance

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, Bash, Others

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Show us what you've got so far and we'll give you clues and hits on what to do next.

Please read the

FaQ & Guidelines

#36 wayner2797

wayner2797

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

Can you please help me with my homework? I cant figure out how to make a global variables.

Draw the flowchart and write a pseudocode for the following scenario.

Create a class whose main method creates three arrays. The first array will contain five kinds of flowers - petunia, pansy, rose, violet, and carnation. The second array will contain the cost of each flower, respectively, 50 cents, 75 cents, $1.50, 50 cents, and 80 cents per flower. The third array will contain the number of flowers in stock of 5, 0, 10, 3 and 15. The main() method will call the readInput() method which will request that the user enter the desired flower. If the flower is not within the first array and message will appear and the program will end. If the flower is in a array, the user will be prompted to enter the number of flowers. If the user enters a number less than one, they will be requested to reenter the number of flowers until they enter a number greater than zero.

After all requirements are met for the input, the readInput() method will call the checkStock() method. This method will check to see if the number of flowers entered was in stock. A message will display if there are enough in stock.

Once the sale is complete the type of flower, number of flowers, and the total cost will display.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pseudocode

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download