Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

Affiliate vs. PPC

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:01 PM

I have never been good with affilliate programs and ppc ..so I don't know which is better.. I would, myself, tend to go for the affilliate program..

#14 wealthy

wealthy

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

Affiliate helps to earn more money at the same time most of the affiliate will give money for sales only. In PPC will give small amount money for traffic no need of sales.

#15 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts
  • Programming Language:C, PHP
  • Learning:Others

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

This is an old thread, but I wanted to get an updated feeling about affiliate vs. PPC? For CodeCall, a programming forum, what would be the optimal advertising model? I have tried CPC, affiliates and CPM ads, and in my opinion, none of them are very effective at converting the traffic. Besides begging all members to click on the ads, any other suggestions?

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

Or do a quick search and you may find the answer you're looking for.

#16 Guest_johnny.dacu_*

Guest_johnny.dacu_*

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

The best thing to do with affiliate programs is to write a convincing article about a product that program offers, and then people will want to buy.

Not violating any rule by influencing visitors with articles?

#17 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

@Roger: With donations? For example, we can use service from ChipIn.

@johnny.dacu: IMHO, that is not violating any rules if we only give true informations and don't force our visitors to buy. Important, we should tell to our visitors that links which we have provided are affiliates links so they know if they buy via that our links, we also get some money from product sales.

#18 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Do you think people will donate? I looked at CC's sponsorship list and saw that only 3 members went on to become sponsors.

New around here? Click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#19 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

CodeCall is 5 years old at 10th October 2010, only get 3 donators up to now, heeem...
We don't know before we try it, but we should need opinion from other members.

Or, we build CodeCall Shop as before. We can sell jacket/t-shirt/hat/mug/etc with CodeCall logo. We may get big profit from this. :D

#20 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Yes, I know.. need to setup a better program for the members.. Besides donations and sponsors, maybe setup some type of affiliate programs where people can buy via the links. I have setup a few of these around the site, but haven't seen much activity.

Selling jacket/t-shirt/hat/mug sounds like a lot of work. Do you have any experience with it?

#21 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

I don't have any experience with it.

I think Jordan (CodeCall founder) can rebuild CodeCall Shop again.

#22 Roger

Roger

Skadoosh!

• Administrator
  • 1222 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hm. I'll look into that. As far as I know, he didn't respond back to the previous owner regarding the shop. Maybe I'll setup a new shop on another site.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download