Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

Affiliate vs. PPC

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

It's obvious that affiliate programs pay more than Pay Per Click things like AdSense and YPN, but which is better? In my opinion, I think PPC programs are better for smaller sites, but affiliate programs are great for sites that get lots of traffic, because more visitors will go to the affiliate site. Of course, with small sites with little traffic, that means there will be little clicks anyway...

#2 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

Agreed. Affiliate programs will pay more but you not only have to get the person to click but to buy also.

#3 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

The best thing to do with affiliate programs is to write a convincing article about a product that program offers, and then people will want to buy.

#4 cloneBaby

cloneBaby

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

It's not that easy to compare the two. It's really case by case.

Example 1: You can't really make money using affiliate program in forum. If you run a forum, running contextual ad is one way to make money. Other ways to make money include

Text link ad
Banner ad while you directly work with the advertiser

Example 2: When you have content site like blog, it's generally recommended that you make use of affiliate program. If you have a blog about hotels, then you can use hotel affiliate program. It's a good fit.

#5 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

Blogs are definately best for affiliate programs, and sites that are about certain things should use affiliate programs that have the same topic.

#6 Blaze

Blaze

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

Any site can be good for affiliate programs not just blogs.
Eg a digital camera review site is the perfect place for camera affiliate ads.

#7 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:51 PM

Yes, it's good to have affiliate programs that relate to your site. It's just hard when you run a site like mine to get clicks...

#8 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:33 AM

I think there are affiliate sites with free Offers and similar stuff and sometimes they pay a decent amount of money too, I have found some by CJ and I really did get some by those Affiliate banners.

#9 Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

Affilliate programs are really a challenge..I agree 100 percent.. You have to take time to market and get them noticed. PPC they do their own thing while your site does the rest.

#10 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

Affilliate programs are really a challenge..I agree 100 percent.. You have to take time to market and get them noticed. PPC they do their own thing while your site does the rest.

I agree, but you can somehow write an article about a product and really go on to promote it and make the visitors do conversions (Virtually force them by giving positive information) and at the same time target visitors and match them with products. And never make anyone feel sorry as if they did they may not reffer people and a negative impression can make things go wrong.

#11 Guest_mysticalone_*

Guest_mysticalone_*

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:54 AM

PPC programs are better for smaller sites as you have said then the affilliate are if all else fails:)

#12 xtraze

xtraze

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, but even smaller sites can earn some $$s by Affiliate if you target a certain specific Affiliate product and promote it. Add some things more than just the Banner and describe the product. That's it guys.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download