Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

BidVertiser sucks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:35 AM

According to my friends' experiences with BidVertiser, it is one of the worst PPC programs out there, mainly because each click delivers very little money. My friend had his site for a month and was using BidVertiser and had a fair amount of clicks but had only made about $0.50! Another friend, who has a much larger site, was making $60 a month with BidVertiser, switched to Yahoo Publisher Network, and started making about that much a day! If I ever lost my AdSense account, BidVertiser would not be the place I would turn.

#2 Void

Void

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

I'd go with YPN, in that case. BidVertiser would be a last resort. Ever heard anything good from intellitext?
Void

#3 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:04 PM

Never heard of it, but YPN is the best alternative to AdSense. However, it's somewhat hard to get accepted to it (well, I wasn't accepted and I know a lot of people who haven't been accepted).

#4 Dan

Dan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

Slightly offtopic, but can anybody ever see there being a real competitor to google adsense?

I wonder if it would work for a niche? Would definately take a fair bit of marketing!

#5 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:23 AM

I don't think an advertising program would work for a niche, although it would spark competitive ad rates and very targeted marketing... I don't think there will ever be a real competitor. The closest thing is YPN, but that seems like the program people use when AdSense cancels on 'em.

#6 Dan

Dan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

I don't think an advertising program would work for a niche, although it would spark competitive ad rates and very targeted marketing... I don't think there will ever be a real competitor. The closest thing is YPN, but that seems like the program people use when AdSense cancels on 'em.

It would if it was a niche banned by google :D

Perhaps if somebody did a play on the adsense thing where you bid on a keyword etc. it could really take off - look at the million dollar homepage, people like odd things.

#7 Guest_NeedHelp_*

Guest_NeedHelp_*

Posted 14 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

What could this "Banned by Google" network be called? BBGbids.com

Viewing the adbrite post by crane shows that other PPCs don't pay enough (average was $0.02 per click!).

#8 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, $0.02 is just too low. But NeedHelp, AdBrite isn't a PPC program, when it said CPC, that was just estimating the CPC, it wasn't literal like with AdSense or YPN.

#9 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:34 AM

I think AdBrite is great, it's kind of like Text-Link-Ads but you don't get the SEO benefit. But still, it's great for advertisers and publishers alike if you want to get away from the CPC ads.

#10 yep911

yep911

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hello all! I am new at affiliate marketing. Google Adsense is not showing my ads because of low ranking and I almost signed up to BidVertiser, but thanks to your forum posts I won't.

I have a question. What is YPN?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download