Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

.net

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crane

Crane

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:02 AM

I program using .NET 1.01 a lot and people have this and buy my programs. I have created a program in .NET 2.0 but I hardly ever see a sale from the .NET 2.0 application. The main reason I think is because no one has .NET 2.0.

Anyone else develop in .NET 2.0?
If so, do you make average sales compared to pre 2.0?

#2 Void

Void

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

No. I do not think the mainstream has .NET 2.0 yet. I didn't want to run .NET 1.0 apps when it first came out just because I didn't want to install it.
Void

#3 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

Wait, are you saying .NET 2.0 programs don't work with .NET 1.01 programs? That's pretty weird, it makes that version completely obsolete.

#4 brackett

brackett

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

.NET 2.0 requires a new framework. The .NET 1.1 and 2.0 live in "side by side" execution, so that you can install both and run 1.1 and 2.0 apps. You could also target 1.1 apps toi run against 2.0 by changing their XML .config file (or vice versa), but you may run into trouble with the breaking chnages.

#5 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:50 AM

One of the big complaints about Microsoft is that every version of everything they put out includes changes that break compatibility. If a business gets a new piece of software, everyone has to get it or people can't work together anymore. They've made upgrades an "all or nothing" proposition.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download