Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

CodeCall Review

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:37 PM

Tell me what you think about this forum.

I've noticed on my resolution 1920x1200 the fonts look fine, they look good actually. In lower resolutions the font looks kind of bland. What do you think?

State your resolution along with comments please.

#2 Dan

Dan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:35 AM

Nice Clean design, very easy on the eyes which is great! I like the way the grey is used, it all blends together nicely.

It does feel fairly "stock" at the moment, but that can be expected for such a new site! In time I would love to see some sort of tutorials mod if one exists so users could upload their coding tutorials. A scripts directory might be a cool feature to.

As it is at the moment however, it all works very well - the forum subjects are great, there is something to interest all developers here.

#3 Void

Void

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

It does feel a bit generic but overall it is a nice looking forum. A tutorials mod would be great and a script directory would work. Tutorials would be the best thing. They would also bring a lot more attention to this forum. Perhaps a CMS system that allows posters and hooks in with VBulletin?
Void

#4 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:52 PM

Void mentioned some good suggestions, like tutorials. God knows I could use them! Other than that, it looks great, very clean, not cluttered... yep, that's about all.

#5 Guest_Estupido_*

Guest_Estupido_*

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:00 AM

1920x1200 here as well, I like the light grey. Not a fan of white because it hurts my eyes when the lights are off, but it works with the layout.

#6 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:05 AM

Does it look generic? Yes. But it's easy on the eyes at 1024x768 and best of all, it works.

Note: I would be willing to contribute some tutorials on C/C++. I could also add some information on basic programming concepts.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download