Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

1 million $$ on Adsense!!!!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:48 AM

Wow!! I just read an article (with a picture of a google adsense check) of a guy that received a 1 million dollar check!!!

http://www.workhappy...view_with_.html

It does say 1 million CAD, what is CAD?

#2 smith

smith

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:25 PM

Wow! Just under 1 million. Not sure what CAD is though.

for (int i;;) {

cout << "Smith";

}

#3 Dan

Dan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

Wow! I'm seriously surprised they didn't suspend the account for "invalid clicks" rather than pay out. Of course I'm not suggesting google use their strict TOS to avoid paying publishers...

Proof yet again that google really has the marketshare in the PPC field - with no serious competitors unless YPN get their act together... It is a shame for the publishers who seem to be getting a raw deal. Of course it would take a serious marketing campaign to topple adsense.

This is the only on topic-ish definition I could find for CPA: "Payment for goods in which a commission house or other intermediary transfers title documents to the buyer upon payment in cash."

Interesting reading anyway! Thanks for the link!

#4 RobSoftware

RobSoftware

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:36 PM

Nice but I wonder if it is just a photoshopped. This would be a great marketing scheme. Receive a check, change it to state $1,000,000 and then broadcast it all over. People would go just to see it just like we have now.

#5 Dan

Dan

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

Hmm... http://www.shoemoney...fails-just-lie/

The PR wont hurt... but as the article says the ads aren't exactly well positioned! The site design is pretty appaling, I certainly wouldn't want to stay on there that long but others obviously do.

His business idea seems logical, but the server costs will be fairly high for somebody planning to do something similair.

#6 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:48 AM

Hmm... http://www.shoemoney...fails-just-lie/

The PR wont hurt... but as the article says the ads aren't exactly well positioned! The site design is pretty appaling, I certainly wouldn't want to stay on there that long but others obviously do.

His business idea seems logical, but the server costs will be fairly high for somebody planning to do something similair.

Agreed.... After reading this article I do not believe him.

I think it was a good way to get visitors. Before he did it though he should of made his site look at least decent.

#7 Crane

Crane

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

Very fishy to me.
I don't think he made 900,000 from google. I think it is all a marketing scheme.

Looks like it is working though

#8 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I heard about that. I wish that was me... man, you could live off that money. By the way, CAD is the Candian dollar (Like USD is the United States Dollar). For anyone who is interested, 1 Canadian dollar = 0.900739 U.S. dollars (Source, Google).

#9 Void

Void

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:49 AM

So it almost really was 1 million US. I think it was a marketing ploy that worked well.
Void

#10 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:02 PM

Yes. I don't think he could've faked that AdSense check, and since that story is popular I'm sure AdSense would've banned him if it was fake.

#11 LaReEtH

LaReEtH

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

I agree with Kaabi, google would have banned him if he started claming that he got $1 Million

#12 Nightracer

Nightracer

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:01 PM

Very fishy to me.
I don't think he made 900,000 from google. I think it is all a marketing scheme.

Looks like it is working though

Its true
This person is very well known, and its all legit :)
Gives me hope.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download