Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

How do I?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NeedHelp_*

Guest_NeedHelp_*

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:09 AM

Hi,

I am making a tag program and once the data has been added to the database I want it to go back to the form after about 5 seconds

How would i go about doing this in the header ("") ?

#2 brackett

brackett

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

I'm a little unclear on what you're trying to accomplish, but it sounds like you just want to either refresh on the current page or send them to a new page. With that in mind:
(a) Refresh the current page: You could just add a META refresh tag in the head.
(B) Redirect to another page: Just use Response.Redirect from ASP. Or use META refresh with a different URL.

#3 Guest_NeedHelp_*

Guest_NeedHelp_*

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:35 AM

(B) Redirect to another page: Just use Response.Redirect from ASP. Or use META refresh with a different URL.

That is what I'm looking for, redirect back to the form that was originally posted. I'll search for more on this.

#4 brackett

brackett

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

Oh - if you're using ASP, you could also do a Server.Transfer. It saves the Response/Request collection (if you need it), and doesn't incur a round trip to the client (like Response.Redirect does). But it does incur overhead on the server.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download