Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How much is your host?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#13 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

I pay $9.99 a month, and my plan is pretty good. GoDaddy offers like $3 a month for a plan that's better than mine, but it doesn't have cPanel X, and I've become very aquainted to that.

#14 LaReEtH

LaReEtH

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

i pay £2.50 ($4.60) monthly for 200MB of space and 5GB of bandwith

#15 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

You don't even have a gig of space? Come on, you gotta have at least a gig. I forget how much I have actually, I know it's actually a fair amount of gigs.

#16 zeusukr

zeusukr

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:49 AM

Please answer this question if you have your own site/blog. See results of poll. Best Web Site Hosting»Blog Archive » Poll: How much you pay for Web Hosting?

#17 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

Hey man this is nearly a year old.. as far as I know one of the rules in here is not to revive old threads.. right?

#18 DevilsCharm

DevilsCharm

Programming God

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

If we didn't revive old threads, we'd have nothing to talk about!

#19 drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

Hi Guys!
I had a look at Surftown site. Missing in the main features, Multidomain Hosting was listed lower down. My query was responded after several days,"You may host as many domains as you wish". I signed up paying through credit card. The login received worked at FTP but not at main account or Support. I sent reminders every two hours. After 24 hours, I was able to log into account. Within 5 minutes I requested cancellation of my account because after first domain, every domain hosted is chargeable at about US$3 per year. I had a horrible time to know that account could be cancelled only by clicking a tiny UNCAPTIONED dot. Open and existing support tickets are not accessible - every time a fresh ticket has to be submitted with fresh typing. Surprisingly, the host is unable to refund amount through own credit card processor or VISA TRANSFER or PAYPAL. Since my banks in India do not have IBAN and SWIFTCODE, the host cannot pay back and has stopped responding to my emails.

#20 TcM

TcM

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7563 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

It seems like you have been scammed, weren't you? Thanks for reporting such a thing. I would go for toastedpenguin.com - Home hosting

#21 SURFTOWN

SURFTOWN

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:17 AM

Hi Guys!
I had a look at Surftown site. Missing in the main features, Multidomain Hosting was listed lower down. My query was responded after several days,"You may host as many domains as you wish". I signed up paying through credit card. The login received worked at FTP but not at main account or Support. I sent reminders every two hours. After 24 hours, I was able to log into account. Within 5 minutes I requested cancellation of my account because after first domain, every domain hosted is chargeable at about US$3 per year. I had a horrible time to know that account could be cancelled only by clicking a tiny UNCAPTIONED dot. Open and existing support tickets are not accessible - every time a fresh ticket has to be submitted with fresh typing. Surprisingly, the host is unable to refund amount through own credit card processor or VISA TRANSFER or PAYPAL. Since my banks in India do not have IBAN and SWIFTCODE, the host cannot pay back and has stopped responding to my emails.

Hello Dr. K. Chaudhry,

The professional series account only features one domain, yes. Any additional domains to that plan are chargeable at $2.35 per year. If adding three more domains it would however be cheaper to choose the larger developer plan, which includes up to 25 domains.

Both your account and FTP was working instantly upon completed registration.

Your inquiry about Multidomain hosting was answered in slightly less than 29 hours, and even though I’d agree that’s a bit too long, it by no means qualifies as “several days”. All your other inquiries were replied to in significantly less than 24 hours.

Both open support tickets as well as existing tickets are accessible at all times.

Spamming the support ticket system with a reminder every two hours doesn’t get you ahead of the cue of other customers. And we haven’t stopped responding to your emails, we’ve simply been celebrating the holidays and as noted above, handle each ticket in the order they arrive.

And no, we do not require IBAN or SWIFT to be able to transfer you a refund.

I’m somewhat amazed by the fact that you’re this dissatisfied with our services, but seem to have no difficulties in advertising our banners to your site’s users through the affiliate network commission junction?

Perhaps you should also mention that you’re involved with a competing web hosting company?

Happy holidays,

Thomas Jacobsen
SURFTOWN

#22 drkchaudhry

drkchaudhry

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:49 AM

OK
Where is my refund?
All correspondence viewable at ukmall.net/undigested/surftown

#23 Lop

Lop

Speaks fluent binary

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

Sounds like word trickery/scam. Do post if you ever get your refund.

#24 SURFTOWN

SURFTOWN

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

Sounds like word trickery/scam. Do post if you ever get your refund.

How on earth can this sound like a scam?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download