Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

* * - - - 1 votes

What is ColdFusion?

coldfusion

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:24 PM

ColdFusion is the original and most common implementation of a tag and ECMAScript-based programming language -- ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) and CFSCRIPT, respectively -- which is typically used in web application development for the generation of dynamic web pages. Originally a product of Allaire, in 2001 the company was purchased by Macromedia, who subsequently merged with Adobe Systems in 2005.

from http://en.wikipedia....edia_ColdFusion

#2 Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Guest_littlefranciscan_*

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:20 PM

I thank you for explaining cold fusion Jordan..I did notice that macromedia was no longer offering flash but was being updated on my acrobat reader?

#3 WillB

WillB

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

Ah...Coldfusion, something that I have come to love..

I will say that (in my opinion) Coldfusion is really nice to work with.

Of course that is if you can afford the price tag that comes with it...

#4 twalters84

twalters84

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:42 AM

Greetings,

Coldfusion is by far my favorite dynamic scripting language.

It can come cheap if you know where to look. I have tried crystaltech and dailyrazor coldfusion packages so far.

The only other dynamic scripting language I have tried is PHP. Compared to coldfusion, I would say the code can be a lot cleaner.

The best part of coldfusion in my opinion are the graphing features.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
spammy sig deleted

#5 antoniyo

antoniyo

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:15 AM

This is a special programming language primarily used to make your web pages dynamic. This can be done to permit direct interaction between the user and the web page or to have the page draw its content from a database.

#6 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

Well done for posting in a thread that is 119 days old. -rep
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#7 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:58 AM

I believe he is trying to get his signature links in relevant topics for SEO....

#8 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

I am getting close to deleting a number of his posts and/or banning him.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#9 Xav

Xav

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8356 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

That would wipe the smile off his face.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#10 hkp

hkp

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

ColdFusion is a programming language based on standard HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) that is used to write dynamic webpages. It lets you create pages on the fly that differ depending on user input, database lookups, time of day or whatever other criteria you dream up! ColdFusion pages consist of standard HTML tags such as <FONT SIZE=.+2.>, together with CFML (ColdFusion Markup Language) tags such as <CFQUERY>, <CFIF> and <CFLOOP>. ColdFusion was introduced by Allaire in 1996, acquired by Macromedia in a merger in April 2001, and acquired by Adobe in December 2005. It is currently in version 7.0.1, but the next version of the product (codenamed Scorpio) is already in development.

Creating an application with ColdFusion is as straightforward as creating a static Web site. However, in a ColdFusion application you can introduce an incredible range of functionality that is not available either in static Web sites or in traditional client/server applications. A ColdFusion application is very simply a collection of pages, similar to a static Web site. But unlike the pages in a static Web site, the pages in a ColdFusion application include the server-side ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML) in addition to HTML. CFML gives you the ability to control the behavior of your applications, integrate a wide range of server technologies, and dynamically generate the content that is returned to the Web browser.

When a page in a ColdFusion application is requested by a browser, it is automatically pre-processed by the ColdFusion Application Server. Based on the CFML in the page, the Application Server executes the application logic, interacts with other server technologies, and then dynamically generates an HTML page which is returned to the browser.

#11 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

I believe he is trying to get his signature links in relevant topics for SEO....

Happens more often than we think eh?

Maybe we should lock posts after a certain number of weeks of being inactive?

#12 rshirsagar55

rshirsagar55

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hello

ColdFusion is a fast improvement stage for building cutting edge web applications. ColdFusion is intended to be expressive and effective. The expressive trademark permits you to perform programming assignments at a more elevated amount than most different dialects. The intense trademark gives you reconciliation with usefulness vital to web applications like database get to, MS Exchange get to, PDF shape creation and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

The ColdFusion stage is based on Java and utilizations the Apache Tomcat J2EE compartment. While you have full access to Java and Tomcat, you require not stress over these points of interest. You'll associate with ColdFusion and the easy to understand ColdFusion Mark-up Language (CFML) to compose your projects. Your ColdFusion records will utilize the document expansion ".cfc" for articles and ".cfm" for pages. CFML requires a great deal less service and framework than normal java while offering a fundamentally speedier advancement encounter than Java.

To know more just look after CRB Tech : Latest Techno Updates

Regards

rshirsagar