Check out our Community Blogs

nadha's Content

There have been 42 items by nadha (Search limited from 15-February 18)

Sort by                Order  

#470779 Low Sound?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 09:02 AM in Linux

I have my volume turned all the way up but i still can't hear anything. In Windows it isn't loud but I can at least hear it. Anyone have any ideas how I can make it louder other than putting in head phones?

It is kind of a killer for Linux so far.

The low sound may be because of the Speaker. If the speaker is ok then try the upgrades of software to sound. It must become normal

#470778 delete all mail?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:59 AM in Linux

When I view "mail" there are a ton of items in there. I want to see the last item. Is there a way to delete all items? Or all items but the last item?

# mail

It is possible to delete the mails.. You can do all the options you have on windows here. SO you need not worry

#470777 Linux Speeds vs. Windows

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:57 AM in Linux

Hello.

Can anyone guide me to benchmark tests and results that are comparing Linux vs. Windows, in terms of speed?

I'd like to know whether or not Linux is an overall faster operating system, with faster processing and rendering speeds than Windows.

If anyone can give me a link to a benchmark test, or maybe even share me your feedback regarding the speed comparison of Linux and Windows, that'd be great. :)

You don't need an expert or a survey to find out which OS is fast . I would close my eyes and inform you it is Linux. It is faster and safer than windows.

#470774 KDE Background unchangeable

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:54 AM in Linux

I can no longer change my KDE 3.5 background. I go into "Configure Desktop", select a new background, apply, ok. The background does not change. I refresh the background and it is the same.

I go back into "Configure Desktop" and I can see it has the background I chose but that isn't the background I see on KDE. I reboot, same background..

Any ideas short of re-installing KDE?

I think it some thing to do with your installation. You find all the information on the CD you use to install .. Just re install the software and find whether there are still problems.

#470771 Ubuntu 7.10 Bug

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:52 AM in Linux

There is no such problems reported earlier. Ubuntu is one OS that is always updated. You can get out of this problems in a flash

#470769 Can't watch .wmv files

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:50 AM in Linux

Try to find the updates and try again. There are many reason as to why this problem happening. Give the sequent of the messages you receive so that we can find a remedy

#470768 System Font

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:46 AM in Linux

There are upgrades available online.. Search online and find these details..

#470767 Full Backup?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:45 AM in Linux

It is easy to so it the way you said. You can tar it and transfer it to yourpen drive..

#470766 Password Protect tar file

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:44 AM in Linux

Use GPG from your other post (looks like you figured it out already): http://forum.totalpe...-gpg-error.html

You can encrypt a file by doing:

# gpg -e -r UserID <file>

Thanks for the Information...

#470765 Automount local partition?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:44 AM in Linux

Well I've got a partition with music etc, and I would like it to be automatically mounted at startup.

How can I do that? I went on it's properties and selected mount automatically... but it does not mount. I'm using Sabayon if that can be of any help.

Thanks.

Try doing it manually...... There many be some issues.. We can discuss more if you could explain the message you are receiving

#470764 Stocks on Linux

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:39 AM in Linux

Linux do help these kind of services and you need not worry

#470763 new to linux

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:38 AM in Linux

Opensuse is getting a lot of positive reviews

#470762 linux server

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:35 AM in Linux

Linux is the favorite OS for servers and there are many distro to suit your specification.. Find one that suits your style and requirement..

#470761 does google use linux?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:33 AM in Linux

We have no reliable information about the information you are asking. Most of the servers use Linux and Linux is one software many developers vouch that safe. May be google prefers because it is safe..

#470760 Linux files from Vista

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 08:06 AM in Linux

There is software but I believe it is unstable.

You are right.. I too believe external hard discs are the only available solution for this problem

#470759 Transform any Linux OS into a server?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:40 AM in Linux

No, that was not my question... my question was not on the hardware side.. but on the software side...

There are so many server distros out there... so why not just install a normal OS, like Ubuntu and make it act as a server, instead of creating all those server OSes?

Can anybody inform what needed to be done while making our PCS in to server.. I mean Linux pcs.
The question is not yet answered.. While we install Linux we install all the softwares mentioned.

#470757 Linpus

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:30 AM in Linux

I would like to see a review from a person who used the OS. is there anyone who could give a honest review about Linpus

#470756 openSUSE

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:28 AM in Linux

Ok.. That is a good review. Hope to use it soon and give a review myself.. Can anybody inform me the specialities of Opensuse

#470755 Drivers for my wide screen

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:20 AM in Linux

I have a wide screen LG226WT. and I cannot find a driver for it. I searched online and no positive result. Can someone tell me where to find drivers for LG226WT.

#470754 Cant locate my wireless card

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:16 AM in Linux

I have Linux inside my machine and I cannot locate my wireless card ... I am looking for help from fellow forum visitors to have my wireless card working?

#470753 Low Resolution problem

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:13 AM in Linux

After installing Linux inside my machine I now find my machine having Low resolution problems. Is it because of Linux. ? Please enlighten me?

#470752 Mouse and Linux

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:05 AM in Linux

I have Linux inside my machine. I use a Logotech mouse and the cursor does not show up. Can anybody help me to get it working...

#470751 Pen Drive

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 07:02 AM in Linux

Can I use my pendrive here with Linux as we do in Windows Xp.. DO we need upgrades?

#470750 Strangest/Oldest hardware running Linux?

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 06:28 AM in Linux

I would love to know that.. What is the oldest compatible machine that runs on Linux..

#470749 External HDD

Posted by nadha on 05 February 2009 - 06:26 AM in Linux

Just plug in and mount .......... No problem what so ever

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download