Check out our Community Blogs

Nefrit's Content

There have been 12 items by Nefrit (Search limited from 28-October 19)

Sort by                Order  

#341814 Linux Programing language?

Posted by Nefrit on 27 December 2007 - 04:29 AM in General Programming

what is the best, and easiest programing language for linux delevlopment to learn?
:(:confused:

#341813 new video card.

Posted by Nefrit on 27 December 2007 - 04:28 AM in General Computing

My video card is dieing and I need a new one. I was looking at 2 different ones and wanted to get opinions on which I should get.
ati radeon x 1650 pro 512.
http://www.geeks.com....809-DT&cat=VCD
diamond radeon x1950 pro 512
TigerDirect.com 404 Error - Page Not Found
I want the best card but I am not sure which is better I am unfamillar with diamond but have been getting ati cards a lond time. Thank you.
:loading::compress:

#341812 What do you play on your pc?

Posted by Nefrit on 27 December 2007 - 04:26 AM in The Lounge

Do you play any games regularly?
Tell us what games you like to play, or if you like a bit of everything, what types of games you like.
What I Like:
Genres: First Person Shooters, Real Time Strategy, Some RPG's.
Particluar Games: ut2004, quakes (I, II, III, IIIA) (oo quake 4 soon), starcraft, Age of (Empires I/ Empries II/Mythology), sacrifice. A few Others.
I guess i like alot,also sudoku
Anyhows tell me what you like
:irritated::loading:

#341154 visual basic

Posted by Nefrit on 14 December 2007 - 04:51 AM in Visual Basic

can anyone recommend tutorials for visual basic, as ive heard its a good language to start learning?:compress:

#341153 Overlapping image links

Posted by Nefrit on 14 December 2007 - 04:49 AM in HTML, CSS and Javascript

How does one create links similar to those on the following site (bottom right):

*Press*

What I’m looking for is having image links, but allowing them to overlap when rolled over as seen in that link. Is it hard to do? I was thinking having each image in a separate layer.

#341152 What is the difference between the ds3 re

Posted by Nefrit on 14 December 2007 - 04:47 AM in General Computing

What is the difference between the ds3 revisions?

What is the difference between the GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) http://www.newegg.co....82E16813128042

and the the 3.3? http://www.newegg.co....82E16813128012

I checked on Gigabyte's site but all I could find was the difference between the 1.0 and 2.0.
:santa::irritated:

#340567 How would you rate your web design skills?

Posted by Nefrit on 04 December 2007 - 05:31 AM in HTML, CSS and Javascript

So .. let's see how we are doing in web design. How would you rate your design skills?

- beginner
- medium
- advanced

.. with all the lack of modesty I am capable of I would rate myself as advanced since I kinda did everything in this. I am a freelance designer and also work at a firm where I take care of the same things ...

How are you?
:compress:

#340566 External HDD Issue

Posted by Nefrit on 04 December 2007 - 05:29 AM in General Computing

I've got a SQL server that uses an external HDD to do backup/transaction logs. The drive specifically has to be the "I" drive in order for the scripts to run.

All was working fine untill I replaced the 5 external drives with new ones. Same size, same brand, different enclosure.

Now whenever I plug the drives in, they do not get an assigned drive letter. The only way the server will see them is if I go into "Manage your computer" and then assign the drive the proper letter.

This is one of those: I've never seen that before.

Do you guys have any ideas?

#340565 Why do i gain weight at the back of my hips!

Posted by Nefrit on 04 December 2007 - 05:28 AM in The Lounge

why do i gain weight around the back of my hips. I am under weight by a few pounds and the rest of my body looks skinny except my hips where all my fat is stored! does anyone know why i might gain it there?
could it be to do with what i am eating!
or maybe the time i eat..i eat more often at night and then sleep could that be a reason to why it is beeing stored there and no where else!
Thank you for your time
:(:irritated::compress:

#340067 Are anti-virus programs a real necessity?

Posted by Nefrit on 29 November 2007 - 12:00 AM in General Programming

Please read these to sources of information:

Antivirus software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (issues of concern)

http://www.semiologi....o-help-at-all/

What do you think?:pee:

Of course for the average and uninformed user a AV is kind of the gadget that will stop you from speeding, but for those who are informed, sensible and adopt the common sense approach when accessing the www, are these kind of products really needed?

If needed is a real-time protection really required?

I am asking this because in all this time I used computers (around 10 years) I never caught a single virus. Of course I had issues in the past but they were more spyware related, and for these different applications are needed (specific antispyware programs).

Cheers
:loading::irritated:

#340066 Delphi help

Posted by Nefrit on 28 November 2007 - 11:58 PM in Pascal and Delphi

I decided to test my Delphi knowlege today by making myself a calculator. Took me a while, bu I figured most of it out. It all works well, except for one problem.

If, for example, you press 9 + 2 + 5, what I'd love it to do is to clear the screen when the next button after the plus sign is pressed, entering only the value of that button, clearing the values that were there before it. Can anyone help? I know that it's probably some sort of On..... thing.

Anyone here insane enough to know any Delphi anyway?

#340065 An artist who wants to finish what he starts and always do the best thing

Posted by Nefrit on 28 November 2007 - 11:56 PM in Introductions

Hi all

I’m a self taught freelance storyboard artist for advertising in his fifth year of struggle in an industry that no longer bothers to train or groom anyone like it used to. In this field you are on your own and there is little to guide you in skills acquisition and finding connections. It’s the fuzziest of fuzzy edged jobs.

I always meet deadlines (They are short and brutal) and work pretty much every hour of the day I have available to me at improving my skills and speed.

The only thing is I have trouble guiding myself to the best thing to do at any given time and also have real trouble finishing personal projects. Once the motivation of money goes away my work intensity drops off and I start to follow every impulse I have. I never have completely finished a project done strictly for myself. I will start innumerable things but rebel at finishing. Some of the problem I have is frustration about my inadequate skills and some is boredom.

Lately the need to pay attention to personal projects as a way to open doors for me to both make more money and fulfill myself creatively has become acute. The passing of my father, the birth of my only child, and turning 50 have brought me up from my youthful reverie rather rudely.

So I’m coming here to hopefully learn to get my ** together.

Can anyone point me at anything helpful?
:irritated::compress:

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download