Check out our Community Blogs

Jarryd's Content

There have been 12 items by Jarryd (Search limited from 06-July 19)

Sort by                Order  

#633326 Hello All !

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 03:08 AM in Introductions

Welcome aboard mate, I hope the community treats you well!

#633323 Need Advice On Deleting Files From Hard Drive

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 02:03 AM in General Computing

Hi. I have two hard drives which are not inserted into pc. I would like to insert them into pc, delete files from them and check for bad sectors. Could someone tell me which is the simpliest and fastest way to do that? I would be greateful for any help

The quickest way, you would physically connect your drives with either Sata or IDE (depending on the age of these drives, and if your power suppy has the right connectors), then formatting them with windows or specific software, otherwise, search through the drive and delete specific files manually. However, You can also just plug the drives into a Hard drive dock (obviously if you have one), then use the drives as per normal.

#633328 BitLocker

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 03:45 AM in General Computing

Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> BitLocker Drive Encryption -> Locate the drive on which you want to disable BitLocker -> Turn Off BitLocker

Once completing these steps correctly you will be informed that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click 'Decrpyt the Drive' to continue and turn off the BitLocker protection on the drive.

If this does not work, please provide a screenshot or the full error message.

#633327 Drawing Tablet & Monitor Set Up Help

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 03:33 AM in General Computing

Once you have connected a secord monitor to your MacBook or MacBook Pro you have to configure different settings. Display settings let you specify the screen size and the resolution of the second monitor you're adding to the mix.

Mac OS X will generally do a good job of auto-detecting the monitor size, resolution and even manufacturer.

System Preferences -> System Preferences -> Enable Spaces / Show Spaces in menu bar (disable)
System Preferences -> Displays -> Display Resolution

#633324 Amd Or Intel

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 02:39 AM in General Computing

So, I'm thinking of building another system for my own use but it brings up the long time AMD or Intel debate. I was just wondering what you guys here think? Which manufacturer is best and why? :thumbup:

I have noticed during my years of experience theres not much of a difference between the two performance-wise. However, when it comes to the cost of the processor and the amount of sockets.

Intel:

rPGA 988A/B (2008) - (Intel Core i7-600, 700, 800, 900 series, i5-400, 500 series & i3-300 series)
LGA 1366 (2008) - (Intel Core i7-900 series)
LGA 1156 (2009) - (Intel Core i7-800 series, i5-700, 600 series & i3-500 series)
LGA 1248 (2010) - (Intel Itanium - 9300 series)
LGA 1567 (2010) - (Intel Xeon - 6500, 7500 series)
LGA 1155 (2011) - (Intel Sandy Bridge-DT)
LGA 2011 (2011) - (Intel Sandy Bridge B2)

AMD:

Socket AM2+ (2007) - (AMD Athlon 64, AMD Athlon X2, AMD Phenom, AMD Phenom II)
Socket AM3 (2009) - (AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II, AMD Sempron)
Socket FM1 (2011) - (AMD Llano Processor)
Socket AM3+ (2011) - (AMD FX, Bulldozer) - (Bulldozer is the codename for the server and desktop processors released on October 12, 2011)

In my personal and professional opinion, AMD is the way to go - the reason: AMD bought out ATI years ago which means that ATI integrates better to an AMD processor. And even if your not running a graphics card, AMD still has less sockets and can produce the same amount of performance than an intel processor.

#608260 DLink DWL 2100Ap, IP!?!

Posted by Jarryd on 26 August 2011 - 05:28 PM in General Computing

I found a wireless AP with bridging compatibilities I want to bride it like this:

Modem --- Switch --- Airport ||(WIFI link)||| Dlink AP --- Server
But I hit a rather anoying problem:
I can't find the AP, like I don't know what the IP is!
Any suggestions
I tired the default... BTW my modem assigns 10.1.X.X range IPs.

The default IP address according to D Link should be 192.168.0.50 - subnet mask 255.255.255.0 - DWL-2100AP.

#633325 64 or 32

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 02:57 AM in General Computing

The main differences between the 32-bit versions of Windows and the 64-bit versions of Windows relate to memory accessibility, memory management, and enhanced security features.

One of the greatest advantages of using a 64-bit version of Windows is the ability to access physical memory (RAM) that is above the 4-gigabyte (GB) range. This physical memory is not addressable by 32-bit versions of Windows.

It will also Increase the program performance for programs that are written to take advantage of a 64-bit operating system.

(A 64-bit register can store 264 = 18446744073709551616 different values, a number in excess of 18 quintillion. Hence, a processor with 64-bit memory addresses can directly access 264 bytes of byte-addressable memory.) 64-bit Operating Systems are basically the future.

#606398 Java: Java Applet's and the Web

Posted by Jarryd on 03 August 2011 - 09:50 PM in Java Tutorials

Java Applet's and the Web

Difficulty: 1 / 10.
Assumed Knowledge: Basic HTML knowledge
Information: By the time you're finished follow this tutorial, You will be able to write basic applets, create a minimum requirement HTML containers and put your applet on the internet (through HTML).

What is an Applet used for..?
Applets are used to provide interactive features to web applications that cannot be provided by HTML alone. They can capture mouse input and also have controls like buttons or check boxes. In response to the user action an applet can change the provided graphic content

I'm using Eclipse IDE for this tutorial

To start this tutorial, Open your java IDE, create a new project and make a new class file, I will call mine appletTest.java. Once we have that sorted we will add a few lines to our project,

Starting with the imports we will use.
import java.awt.*;
import java.applet.*;

What are these imports..?
The java.awt or abstract window toolkit package contains all of the classes for creating user interfaces and for painting graphics and images.
The java.applet package contains all the classes for creating applets.

Next, we'll add the extensions to the class.
public class appletTest extends Applet {

}

Adding this Applet extension to the class allows us to edit to create and edit an applet (this is one of the classes in the java.applet package).

We will now add the graphics method.
public void paint (Graphics g) {
			g.drawRect(10, 10, 300, 100);
			g.drawString("Basic Java Applet", 20, 25);
	}

By creating this method using the information in the brackets ( ) allows us to add graphical content to our applet (Graphics is apart of the awt package). g.drawRect allows the user to draw a basic rectangle at specific X and Y coords, and at specific Width's and Height's.

Creating the HTML container

A Container is an object that stores other objects (its elements), and that has methods for accessing its elements. In particular, every type that is a model of Container has an associated iterator type that can be used to iterate through the Container's elements.

This is the process to create a HTML file in the Eclipse IDE, by all means, a previous made one can be dragged and droped.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will use the same name as i did before, appletTest.html

Once we have made our .html file, we will now want to edit the contents, Once again this is the process to edit the HTML file in the Eclipse IDE, This can be done by selecting the file and opening it with notepad or other software.

Posted Image

Let's create our HTML container,

<html>
<head><title>Basic Applet</title></head>
<body><applet codebase = "." code = "appletTest.class" name = "Basic Applet" width = "500" height = "500" hspace = "0" vspace = "0" align = "middle"></applet>
</body>
</html>

Make sure you have debugged the .java file, and that it has created a .class file. (this should be with the .class file)

once you've have completed this, its time to view the final result,

Posted Image

#608259 What is Best antivirus software ??

Posted by Jarryd on 26 August 2011 - 05:16 PM in General Programming

Hi all friends !
Therefor I want to purchase new antivirus software by online payment .

The thing about anti-virus and internet security software is, that no matter which one you use, none of them are 100%.

I would recommend Kaspersky (Kaspersky Lab United States | Antivirus Computer Security), I've been using it for 4 years now, I haven't had any troubles. It updates daily, its interface is user friendly, it has many tools to improve the security of your PC, and best of all, it lets you use your PC the way you do in piece.

Give me suggestion what is best antivirus. ??

I'd also recommend looking for Internet security, the difference between Anti-virus and internet security is that internet security has a built in firewall and instead of letting threats come straight into your system, it has a chance to get them before reaching your system.

If you do internet banking or use any confidential information online, I'd go for a paid anti-virus or internet security, although free versions do there job, you'll most likely find that they don't have built in firewalls, and if they do they'd be useless.

#631852 Visual Basic 2010 : Port Scanner (Console)

Posted by Jarryd on 15 June 2012 - 02:48 PM in Visual Basic Tutorials

Cheers, I'm glad you liked it.

#604716 Visual Basic 2010 : Port Scanner (Console)

Posted by Jarryd on 10 July 2011 - 03:35 PM in Visual Basic Tutorials

it doesnt say anything, when i hit debug is see the black screen flash real quick as if it is about to run, but it then disapears with no error messages or anything.

You will probably find that you're missing...
Console.ReadLine()
- insert this at the end
This will allow the console to read,

^ thats really the only way if you're not getting an error message.

#633329 Count to infinity - with images

Posted by Jarryd on 07 July 2012 - 03:59 AM in Games

Posted Image

119 replies, but have only reached 115 ..?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download